I love animals and capturing their personality through my art brings me great joy. Commissioning a pet portrait celebrates the unconditional love and the special bond that we share with our companions.
Every piece of art that I create is based on the best depiction of your pet’s unique personality. While the picture of the head is the classic pose for most portraits, I also love exploring the relationship between companions. This can be the owner holding their pet, a loving hand touching a muzzle, two pets cuddled together, or even with a favorite toy.
My mission is to work with you to determine the direction of the work and create a portrait that will be treasured for years.
All materials used to create your portrait are high quality, archival and acid free. Artwork 11" x 14" and larger will come complimentary mounted with a single white conservation mat. Framing is available upon request. (Price to be determined.)
Pet Portrait in Pastel (See collection here)
Art Image | Mat Size Price
8" x 10" $475
11" x 14” | 16”x 20” $750
12” x 18” | 18”x 24” $950
16” x 22” | 22”x 28” $1150
Pet Portrait in Black and White / Relationship Pet Portrait (portrait of pet with owner or favorite toy). (See collection here)
Art Image | Mat Size Price
11"x14” | 16" x 20" $950
12” x 18” | 18" x 24" $1350
16” x 22” | 22" x 28" $1750
Other sizes and requests are available. Please contact email@example.com for a quote.
1. PURCHASE: A 50% deposit is required before starting a commission. You can pay your deposit by purchasing the style you like here. If you have any questions, please email info@karlyngood,com or reach out to set up a call.
2. PHOTOS: Send multiple photos (please see below guidelines).
3. CONSULT: I will consult with you before starting your work to inquire about your preferences.
4. APPROVAL: Upon completion, a digital image will be emailed for your approval.
5. FINAL PAYMENT & SHIPPING: Balance is due before art work will be shipped. Allow two to four weeks for completion and delivery after photos are received. (Orders can be expedited for the holidays)
(International shipping is available, but the buyer is responsible for any customs or taxes. I retain full reproduction copyright on all my artwork.)
Having discovered that animals do not pose for their pictures, I rely on photos. If you are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, I will happily meet with you and your pet to take photos. However, proximity is not always possible, and I have received commissions from across the country using the favorite photos of my clients.
If you want to take new photos, here are a few hints that will help capture your pet’s individual look and personality:
- Highest resolution possible.
- More pictures the better. I usually take up to 30 pictures. Pick out the one’s that best captures your pet’s personality. Be sure to send me close ups of the eyes.
- Crouch to get lower to your pet.
- Try different poses and angles including close ups, a great shot of the eyes is vital to capturing the personality.
- If your pet has a favorite toy, or accessory, please incorporate them.
- Have someone assist you, especially if you will be in the picture. They can hold out treats so your pet looks at the camera.
- Stay out of the sun and bright light, this creates too many harsh shadows.
- Natural light is the best.
- Avoid using a flash, this creates red eye.
Sometimes our beloved friend has already passed. In this case, send me your favorite photos. Once I have received the photos, I will consult with you on your preferences and the poses that will best showcase your pet. My goal is to create a meaningful portrait that will be valued for years.